Sunday, January 27, 2008

Perfectionism

As an artist/designer, perfectionism is my greatest enemy. To overcome it I've decided to take take the same approach i used to get over my shyness. Back then just saying hello starting a random conversation was such anxiety cause i wanted to have a perfect conversation where the other person would think i was the most amazing person they ever met...too ridiculous. So i changed my goal to just trying to say hi and that's it. Just starting is already a success. Just going out just trying to get the experience is already a success. The only failure s if you don't try. If you don't try you don't even know what you did wrong in the attempt. Just getting mileage. Just trying to make a piece is already a success, doesn't have to be perfect. There's is no perfect piece. Goal is to just keep trying and getting better. Its like a dancer or musician trying to make a perfect performance, just take the first step.

Anyone have any other strategies they used?

first attempt at alias, using mostly map shading .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Rules: Just be cool. Please no offensive language. Criticism is welcome, rudeness is not. I'd really like to know what you think. One of my goals is to promote healthy discussion of art and design. Seen something cool in the design world? I want to see it too. Want me to look at something? Leave a link